Do you know that this incredible bee vomit is very good for the skin?
Since centuries ago, it’s been used for several purposes, especially in medicine. It is also a very useful ingredient for beauticians and dieticians.
Here are other things you need to know about honey.
- It is a rich source of antioxidant to the body.
- It has natural antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is a natural and healthier replacement for sugar.
- It doesn’t spoil, it can last years as far as it is stored well.
- It is an instant energy booster. Athletes attest to that.
- 1t is used to enhance the medicinal value of products.
Using Honey for skin is always a good idea. Mixed with natural ingredients or used alone, it makes for an effective and inexpensive beauty treatment. Applying honey regularly on your skin can give you results beyond your imagination and can go a long way in giving you healthy, younger-looking and glowing skin.
Here are the benefits of using honey for the face and skin:
1. Moisturizes the skin deeply: Honey is usually used as a base ingredient for almost every beauty product. This is because it moisturizes deeply. The enzyme present in it enables it to easily penetrate the skin while conditioning it and softening it from deep within.
How to use: Apply raw honey directly on the skin and leave it on for up to 20 minutes, then massage and rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
2. Serves as a good exfoliator: Good honey crystallizes over time, the tiny particles serve as a gentle exfoliate. It starts to break down when they come into contact with water and the heat of your skin making for a better scrub than a harsh store-bought exfoliator. And since its antibacterial, you can use it for your daily face wash.
How to use: Apply it directly on the skin in circular motions. Leave it on for a few minutes before massaging it off with a wet towel.
3. Used to remove blemishes on the skin: Honey is a natural moisturizer as well as a natural antiseptic. It keeps your skin healthy and soft. It also fades out a blemish and makes sure less of it is seen on the skin. It does this by minimizing any inflammation and helps heal the skin faster.
4. Used to treat sunburn: Honey is known to be one of the best home remedies for treating any kind of heat-inflicted burns. Honey’s natural antiseptic properties help prevent infections and protect wounds which can reduce scarring and cut down on healing time. The antioxidants in honey are more than ready to serve as a natural remedy to nourish a sunburnt skin and bring it back to its original state.
How to use: Apply raw honey directly to the affected area and leave it for one to two minutes, then rinse it off. Do this every morning and night for maximum result.
5. Good Conditioner for hair: Honey is naturally a perfect conditioner because it can retain and attracts moisture. This helps to keep your hair feeling smooth and healthy. Your strands will feel soft, nourished, and lively.
How to use: Mix one-quarter cup of raw honey with enough fresh water to thin it out so you can spread it around your hair. Work it into damp hair after you shampoo for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.
6. As a lip balm: Everything that makes honey a great skin moisturizer makes it great for chapped lips, too. The hydrating benefits mixed with natural antioxidants and other cosmetic ingredients work well to moisturize lips.
How to use: Apply raw honey directly to lips, leave on for a few minutes, and then wash off.
7. Hydrating hair treatment: Honey can prevent your hair from drying out because it is very effective in retaining moisture and keeping locks soft and bouncy. It acts as a natural softener for the hair too.
How to use: Mash two pieces of ripe banana. Mix together with raw honey and one-quarter cup of olive oil. Blend the ingredients until smooth. Then apply this on your hair and scalp. Leave it on for about 20 to 25 minutes, then rinse the mask out with cool or lukewarm water and shampoo. Comb through the hair to get rid of any remaining mask and rinse again. Do this two to three times a month for maximum result.
8. Used to brighten the skin: You can use honey as a home remedy to brighten your skin together with other natural ingredients like turmeric, lemon juice, coconut oil and sugar.
How to use: (with turmeric) Mix 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon raw honey and 1 teaspoon yoghurt until you achieve a smooth mix. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry. Apply this mixture onto your face. Make sure to avoid the fragile skin around your eyes. Leave the mixture on for about 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture off with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser. Pat your face dry with a towel. Do this once or twice a week for maximum result.
(With Yogurt and Honey) Mix one tablespoons of yoghurt and one tablespoon of raw honey. Combine the ingredients to get a smooth mixture. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry. Apply this mixture on your face. Make sure to avoid the fragile skin around your eyes. Leave the mixture on for about 15 minutes. Wash the mixture off with lukewarm water. Pat your face dry with a towel.
9. Fights Acne & Pimples: Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in not only in the removal of excess oil from the surface of the skin but also clearing out any blockages or clogged pores, which if not treated can cause breakage of acne and pimples on the skin.
How to use: Apply raw honey on the acne-prone areas. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse it off with tap water. Honey can prevent your hair from drying out because it is very effective in retaining moisture and keeping locks soft and bouncy. It acts as a natural softener.
These are the ways you can use honey to improve your skin. Which one regime will you start or already doing?